Want to liven the conversation on your next car trip or when your family gathers for dinner this Thanksgiving (or any time)?
While there are fun chat packs on the market, if you’re someone who likes to get crafty this is a fun project to try. I provide conversation starter ideas, but try asking your kids what types of questions they think would be fun to discuss.
- Clear decorative filler stones, jumbo about 1 1/2 inch in diameter (I found mine at Michael’s in the floral department.)
- Mod Podge glue
- Foam brush
- Felt, Washi Tape, foam sticker or decorative tape (optional)
- Conversation starters, printed in 9 pt. Arial Narrow font
- 1 1/2” scrapbook hole punch or scissors
- Type up questions in 9 pt Arial Narrow font. (For question ideas, visit http://www.christamelnykhines.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Conversation-Starters.pdf).
- Make sure you’ve formatted each question on the page so that it will fit on the stone. *You can write the questions out if it’s easier.*
- Print off conversation starters.
- Cut the questions out as circles using scissors or a 1 1/2” scrapbooking hole punch.
- Using a foam brush, paint Mod Podge glue over the top of the question. (Mod Podge dries clear.)
- Place the flat side of the stone down over the question, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- You may need to trim the paper around the edges of the stone using scissors.
- For a pretty backing, stick a foam sticker, round stickers, sticky backed scrapbook paper, felt or washi tape to the back of the stone to cover the paper.
- Place your gems in a mason jar, in a pretty dish on your dining room table or in a small canvas bag to take with you on car trips.